Tattoo

Tattoo

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Becoming Oliver

I have strange yet oddly familiar thoughts running through my head lately. It is a combination of flashbacks to childhood and wondering why I didn't have a penis and newer thoughts about transitioning to male.
 
I know right? Seems weird to me too. It's something I have thought about on and off most of my life. I never really thought it was an option for me. It wasn't until a meet a very special person that I realized it is something I can pursue. I have met a few strong and proud butches and Trans men in the last few years. They have become my heroes. I love to listen to their stories about their journeys through life. And I understand and can relate to their struggles as well. It's nice to know I am not alone. And actually watching Chaz Bono's documentary on transitioning and then seeing him on dancing with the stars, being so happy and proud, has been a huge inspiration to me.
 
I am thearpy right now. Not for this issue but I am sure it will come up sooner or later. There are a few other things I feel I need to work on first. One step towards my journey of self discovery is to break out of my shell. Be more social. Be more comfortable in my skin. and one way I thought I could do that is by becoming a drag king. Performing a lip syncing show in front of real people. It scares the hell out of me at the thought of it sometimes but I also feel empowered. I thought my name would be Oliver Clothesoff. :) Not bad eh?
 
So, I guess that's it for the first blog. I don't think I will be posting everyday but as often as I can. Come along for the journey. Won't you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment