Tattoo

Tattoo

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The week. As I see it.

I am not sure what my problem was this week. I felt grouchy at everybody. Especially at work. At my supervisor. His voice grates on my last nerve. Every time he opens his mouth, I want to kick him in the baby maker.

Maybe I wasn't getting enough sleep. Maybe I just need to get laid. Maybe it is both. All I know, I am starting to get a bit antsy.

I keep talking about a weekend to Prince George. I should just go. I am so totally due for a road trip.

I met up with an old friend from high school yesterday in the grocery store. It was so awesome to see her. Sometimes I forget about the people I did get along with in high school. There were a few who I shared laughs and good times with. Claire was one of those. We had an acting class together. She made me feel accepted. Anyway, we chatted a little bit and caught up on the anything new since we last seen each other. Her dad just passed away. I gave her a hug and really felt her pain. Seems that a lot of my friends are losing a parent lately. Not a happy thought at all. Makes me realize my own parents aren't spring chickens anymore. Thankfully, they are in good health. I thank the angels for that.

 I was telling Claire about my thoughts on transitioning. I am still amazed at the fact at how people are so not surprised about it. It is a lot like when I came out. "What took you so long?" kinda thing. Was I really so transparent as a younger person? Did I really think I was fooling anyone with my "straight" act? I guess not. The decision the transition was a lot like when I came out. A huge relief. Now I don't have to pretend anymore. The mask is off.  Whether I go through with transition or not, just admitting that it is a possibility for me makes me feel better.


(Sorry for the interruption but Holy Fuck! Do I ever make good chili!!)


I am taking steps now to try and get my mind and body to match. Maybe that is all I need to do to keep sane. For now anyway. Maybe things will change in the future. I guess only time will tell.

My friend Chris over at changethetopic.com had his one year blogaversary this past week. I am so proud of him. His writing has improved so much over the year and I really love going back and reading some of my favourites. There was the video blog from the cocoon. And the one on a local paper that blasted a council woman for performing in drag show for charity. His words to me in that one made me cry. Again. He has done that to me a few times. Little bastard.  You folks should check it out if you haven't yet. I warn you, really nothing is sacred with him. He goes after anyone and everyone. Sometimes it's in a good way, sometimes it's not. But I promise he will make you think about things a little bit differently.

I have managed to meet a couple of women on line. All we are doing right now is e mailing and getting to know each other. It's fun and a great distraction of my reality. But who knows right? Sometimes you have to put yourself out there.

I have been practicing my drag king act. There might not be much of a show this year but I am hoping they can squeeze me in. Along with my friend Ryder. I need to start shopping for my charactor costumes. I won't tell you what it is going to be. But I will be post a video after I perform.

I am pretty nervous about it. I may need to have a drink or two before I get up there. Just to get a little brave. I am not much of a drinker so I will have to be careful to not drink too much and be drunk on stage. That would be bad. Besides, hangovers suck. Really suck.

Ok. that's about it. I need to clean the kitchen now that I am done my cooking duties. And have something to eat. All that cooking made me hungry.

Don't roll your blood shot eyes at me.

Dustin


2 comments:

  1. Awwww, thanks for the plug. Not the butt plug. I wouldn't thank you for one of those. Hope your week is better than last. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? No thanks for the butt plug? Ever tried one? They feel nice!!

      I think the bad week was just a weather change thing Starting to cool off up here. Dammit.

      Delete